- All-Laser LASIK Vision Correction
- Cataract Surgery
- Lifestyle Lens Cataract Surgery
- Undergraduate – University of Texas: Austin, TX
- M.D. – University of Texas Southwestern Medical School: Dallas, TX
- Internship – Presbyterian Hospital: Dallas, TX
- Residency – Lubbock General Hospital: Lubbock, TX
- Board Certified American Board of Ophthalmology
- Texas Ophthalmological Association
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Smith County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
Charles Heaton, M.D. is a board certified ophthalmologist and the founder of Heaton Eye Associates. Tyler born and raised, Dr. Heaton completed his residency in all areas of comprehensive ophthalmology and continues to pass on his legacy as a clinical professor at The University of Texas Health Center. Since founding Heaton Eye Associates in 1983, he has performed over 15,000 surgical procedures with a special interest in LASIK and advanced cataract surgery to reduce or eliminate patients’ dependence on glasses.
A pioneer in advanced cataract surgical procedures, Dr. Heaton was one of the first to perform small incision cataract surgery with topical anesthesia, allowing for rapid vision recovery and immediate return to normal activities after surgery. He is an expert in lifestyle intraocular lens implants such as Crystalens®, ReSTOR® and TECNIS® Multifocal.
Dr. Heaton also specializes in All-Laser LASIK using the most advanced technology. Bringing excimer laser technology to East Texas after its FDA approval in the mid-nineties, Dr. Heaton has improved the quality of life for thousands of patients by reducing or eliminating their need for glasses or contact lenses.
Dr. Heaton enjoys serving the community through charity. He has been and continues to be involved with numerous organizations. He served on the advisory boards of Youth With a Mission and the Society to Prevent Blindness. He also founded and continues to be actively involved with the Hope Open Tennis Tournament, which benefits Living Alternatives. He has been involved in various humanitarian and religious sight saving missions including Project Orbis and Mercy Ships. Dr. Heaton and his wife of 35 years, Karen, are active members of Bethel Bible Church in Tyler.