- Pediatric Ophthalmology
- Pediatric Glaucoma
- Eye Muscle Surgery- Children and Adults
- B.S. – Baylor University: Waco, TX M.D. – University of Texas at Houston School of Medicine: Houston, TX
- Internship – Baylor University Medical Center: Dallas, TX
- Residency – Southwestern Medical Center: Dallas, TX
- Fellowship – Duke University Eye Center: Durham, NC
- Board Certified American Board of Ophthalmology
- Smith County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
- American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
- Texas Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Fellow American Academy of Pediatrics
Jeffrey Hunter, M.D., FAAP is the only fellowship-trained pediatric ophthalmologist in East Texas and was recently honored by Texas Monthly magazine by being voted a “2009 Texas Super Doctor” by his peers. Before joining Heaton Eye Associates in 1996, he completed his subspecialty training in pediatric ophthalmology and adult strabismus at Duke University Eye Center in North Carolina. Considered one of the premier pediatric ophthalmology surgeons, with over 10,000 surgical procedures performed, Dr. Hunter works with children and adults of all ages affected by strabismus (commonly known as crossed or misaligned eyes).
Dr. Hunter is actively involved with several charitable organizations including: Grace Community School, KVNE – Encouragement FM, Young Life Board and Mercy Ships. He is also an active member at First Baptist Church. He enjoys traveling with his wife and four children.