- All-Laser LASIK Vision Correction
- Cataract Surgery
- Lifestyle Lens Cataract Surgery
- Oculoplastic/Eyelid Surgery
- Glaucoma Treatment
- Family EyeCare
- B.S. – Oklahoma Baptist University: Shawnee, OK
- M.D. – University of Kansas School of Medicine: Kansas City, KS
- Internship – University of Oklahoma: Norman, OK
- Residency – Medical University of South Carolina: Charleston,SC
- Board Certified American Board of Ophthalmology
- Henderson County Medical Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Ophthalmological Associates
Thad Hardin, M.D., is a board certified ophthalmologist who specializes in All-Laser LASIK vision correction and cataract surgery and has the distinction of being voted “Best Ophthalmologist” by the readers of the Athens Review. Before joining Heaton Eye Associates in 2000, Dr. Hardin completed his residency as Chief Resident in Comprehensive Ophthalmology at the Medical University of South Carolina. Due to his academic success, Dr. Hardin was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society and received the Helma Award for best research project.
As the only refractive surgeon in Athens, Dr. Hardin examines patients for both pre and post op LASIK and cataract removal surgery. Dr. Hardin and Heaton Eye Associates have been providing quality eye care in Athens for more than 13 years.
Outside of his practice, Dr. Hardin enjoys spending his time teaching 2nd and 3rd grade Sunday school, coaching football, basketball and soccer, and participating in medical missions. For entertainment, Dr. Hardin enjoys water sports of all kinds, car racing, golf, and physical fitness.