Our surgeons and a team of specially trained nursing and technical staff are particularly sensitive to the needs of our patients undergoing surgical eye procedures. We look forward to serving you and providing a safe and pleasant environment for you and your family. If you have specific questions about your surgery or recovery, please call our office.
Your pre-registration begins with your consent to have surgery at Heaton Laser & Surgery Center. The surgery center staff will pre-certify your procedure and verify your insurance coverage with your insurance company. You will receive two separate bills. One from Heaton Laser & Surgery Center for the facility fee charges and one from Heaton Eye Associates for the surgeon’s fee and US Anesthesia Partners for anesthesiology fees. The center’s financial counselor will contact you by telephone before the surgery date.
Please bring this information to the surgery center with you on the day of your surgery:
- Insurance Cards
- Driver’s License
- Government or CHAMPUS forms, if applicable
The Day Before Surgery
- A nurse will call to confirm the time you need to arrive for your surgery.
- The nurse will review any medication instructions.
- You should NOT eat or drink after midnight the night prior to your surgery.
- Should you have any questions regarding your arrival time and surgery center finances, please do not hesitate to call the surgery center at (903) 526-0444.
Day of Surgery
Please leave any valuable jewelry and any unnecessary accessories at home. You should wear a loose, comfortable shirt, preferably one that buttons in the front. If your insurance coverage is through Medicaid, you must bring a current copy of your Medicaid letter specifying coverage for the month in which you are having surgery. Please limit the number to two family members or friends with you at the surgery center due to limited space in our private surgery center waiting area.